Resident involvement strategy consultation
Derwent Living is currently in the process of reviewing its resident involvement strategy. The current strategy ran from 2011 to 2014 and during this time there have been many changes in the ways that customers are involved. We would like the new strategy to reflect this change to involvement, and we also want to get your feedback on the ways that we involve customers, now and in the future.
Please take 5 minutes to read the questions submit your responses, we appreciate any additional comments you may have. Closing date for responses is 21st September 2014.
Every completed survey will be entered into a prize draw for £50 of high street vouchers.
How we perform
At Derwent Living, we aim to deliver excellent, timely, cost effective and relevant services. Our approach to performance management is a challenging framework which ensures that we deliver the outcomes required.
Performance management is an essential part in the success of an efficient and effective organisation. Put simply, it brings to life our culture and values while systems are in place to help the organisation manage and improve its performance.
The business plan is at the heart of what we do and has been developed to ensure we meet the aims and objectives to manage and improve our performance. However, this depends on the active involvement of our residents, Board members, senior managers and all teams. Delivering excellent services within a performance focussed organisation is everyone’s responsibility.
Our performance management framework consists of
- Key performance indicators to measure improvements in service delivery. These are reviewed annually after consultation with key stakeholders
- Customer commitments that measure performance in different operating areas . Targets in these areas were reviewed and agreed with customers in early 2013
- Satisfaction levels are regularly checked by surveys sent out in the post, by e mail, conducted on the telephone or sent by text messages. Results with low marks will generate responses from the teams involved to be able to improve the experience of our customers for next time.
The targets set are challenging with improvements being required year on year. Progress is monitored on a monthly basis, measuring current and projected performance against targets and top quartile performance for other housing providers.
Our approach includes:
- Monthly internal performance matters meetings
- Scrutiny by the Board and customers
- Staff involvement
- External challenge and benchmarking
- Involving customers
- Equality and diversity performance
- Publicising outcomes
- Performance reporting via features and inserts in resident magazine Derwent Life
In the current economic climate it is essential that Derwent Living continue to provide the best service for our customers whilst ensuring value for money and efficiencies.