Derwent Living operates a transfer policy that enables existing customers to maximise their ‘mobility’ and access alternate accommodation that may be more suitable your personal housing need.
Derwent Living’s transfer policy gives consideration to housing demand and how the organisation can make best use of existing housing stock, by ensuring that tenants are housed in the most appropriate accommodation for their circumstances.
However, we would also recommend that you register with the local authority for the areas you wish to move to as this will allow you to bid for properties through their Choice Based Lettings schemes. Each local authority has a different allocations and lettings policy so you cannot be guaranteed acceptance onto their list. You should also consider mutual exchange which can be a quicker way to find the home you need.
Provision has been made for residents that are deemed to be in urgent housing need. In situations such as these, residents are transferred to alternative accommodation as quickly as possible.
Each year, Derwent Living will let a maximum of 10% of all void (empty) properties to transfer applicants.
An existing customer who wishes to transfer must meet the following requirements:
- They must have lived in their current home for a minimum of 12 months
- They must have a need to move which will better their circumstances medically or financially or stop their current property being over crowded or under occupied
- The only exception to this would be where a property is difficult to let and there is no other interest
- They must have no personal arrears or outstanding sundry debt accounts, the only exception to this is where a tenant is subject to under occupancy charges and is requesting a smaller property which will remove the personal liability
- They must have maintained their rent payments for a minimum period of 6 months
- They must have no current breaches of tenancy or any breaches of tenancy within the last 6 months
- Their current property (including the garden) must meet our current Lettings Standard
- They must be able to meet the affordability requirements for the property they wish to move to.
Transferring from your property
To find out more you can view a quick guide for transferring from your existing home or download Derwent Living’s transfer policy.
If you wish to speak to someone about transferring from your existing property please use the following form.
Request a transfer
If you're a customer why not register for an account? It means that you won't have to enter your name, address or contact details on any form on the website. If you don't have an account, filling out the tenancy number on this form (if you know it) and/or your address will help us answer your message more quickly, but it's OK if you don't.