Six top tips to spring clean your finances
Created on Monday, April 10th, 2017
by Kathryn Shaw
The clocks have sprung forward and with it we’ll see lighter nights and – hopefully – warmer weather. With the new financial year here too, there’s no time like the present to spring clean your finances. We’ve compiled some top tips for keeping an eye on your cash this spring.
- Stick to the list – making a meal plan for the week will help prevent you from wasting food or splurge on expensive shop sandwiches and convenience foods. Make a plan, make your shopping list and stick to it!
- Switch off – turning off electrical appliances and lights when you aren’t in the room is a great way of keeping your energy bills down.
- Cool it – washing your laundry at 40 degrees rather than 60 will not only ensure you have more money in your pocket but you’ll help save the planet too.
- 5 minute showers – reducing time spent in the shower can save on your water and energy bills. Try cutting your shower time to just 5 minutes and see how much you save.
- Limit labels – if you often pick premium brands, try swapping for the supermarket own brand and see the pennies turn into pounds.
- Sign-up to email newsletters from moneysavingexpert.com or similar financial advice experts. They have tops tips for budgeting, claiming tax refunds, making sure you’re getting any financial aid that you’re entitled to and tons of deals or vouchers.
April is our ‘money matters’ month, so we’re encouraging all of our customers to spring clean their finances.
People are aware that they can lose their home if they don’t keep up with their rent payments, so it’s really important to deal with those money worries. We would encourage residents to talk to independent money advice services if they are concerned about falling into rent arrears or any other debt.
If you have any questions about your rent, please give us a call on 01332 346477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.