Now under the leadership of a new managing director, Andy Corcoran, two new gardeners joined in August taking the number of teams from seven to eight.
All the gardeners have had extra training in spraying and eight new lawn mowers have been purchased including a ride-on-mower, to improve efficiency.
The team are carrying out a survey of all the trees in our communal spaces. The survey will drive our tree maintenance programme for the next five years Our resident scrutiny panel carried out a review of the service. They were impressed by the standard of work and the attitude of the teams they met.
The recommendations from the review included:
- Improve communications to customers on what is included in the service and how much they pay for it
- Continue to review and monitor customer satisfactions levels
- Ensure the grounds maintenance teams have input into ways to improve the service.
In November, the team will switch to the winter maintenance schedule which includes:
- Litter picking
- Edging of new and existing shrub beds
- Removal of winter debris in communal areas and external bin stores.
You can provide feedback on grounds maintenance in your area by filling in a customer satisfaction survey or using the feedback form in the advice centre.