Ask Max (Winter 2018)

Every issue our customer services expert Maxine, gets to the bottom of your questions and enquiries. If you have a question please email it to or write to us at the usual address. Don’t forget to include your name and the name of the town you live in.

I recently called the general number to report a repair and when I got through I had to press option 1 for repairs. Why can I not report the repair on the general number?

Mr Patel, Derby

We’ve recently changed how we handle calls to ensure that customers get to the team who can deal with their enquiry quickly. We have a dedicated repairs service team who handle all repairs calls, and may be able to help some customers sort out the issue there and then. This frees up our customer experience assistants to deal with other callers and issues.

Our busiest times where you may potentially hit a queue are during the first and last hour of the day and during lunchtimes, between 12pm and 2pm.

In order to beat the queues, you can register for an account on this website which allows you to report repairs, see your statements and manage your account.

To create an account click on sign in in the top right hand corner of the website home page and follow the instructions. You will need to have your tenancy reference number to hand to register for an account.

I’m going into hospital for an operation in a couple of weeks. My daughter will be taking care of things for me while I’m in hospital, will she be able to access my account?

Mrs Ford, Rugby

In order for your daughter to be able to access your account, you will need to set her up as a nominated contact.
A nominated contact is subject to the same security measures and is clearly identified on our system as someone we’re able to discuss your account information with.

To do this you will need to contact us and request a nominated contact form. This will be sent to your home address. You will need to fill in the details of the person you are nominating and return the form to us.

We’ll then write to your nominated contact, ask them to complete their details, provide their signature and return the form to us.

Once this two-stage process is complete, we can then clearly identify your nominee on your account and discuss full account details for the duration of your tenancy, or until you request their removal.

We recommend sending personal information by registered post.

I’m suffering from on-going noise issues with my neighbour and I’ve been advised to download ‘The Noise App’ to my mobile phone, how do I do this?

Anon, Derby

To download The Noise App you will need to go to the App Store if you have an iPhone or Google Play Store if you have an Android phone. Once you've installed it, you will then need to create an account. Choose Derwent Living as your landlord and then enter your email address.

You will need to enter your first and last name, telephone number and create a password. Then click create an account and you will be ready to use The Noise App.

Once registered, residents can use The Noise App to record noise nuisance and submit these directly to Derwent Living.

The Noise App is a quick and easy way to submit potential evidence of anti-social behaviour. We can approach the person, let them hear the recording and discuss the problem. Often, residents are unaware that their actions are causing a nuisance to their neighbours.

You can read more on The Noise App website or you can watch the instructional video on our ASB page.