Essential system maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our repairs system will be unavailable after 4pm on Thursday 19th July and all day Friday 20th July. Please report all non-emergency repairs via the Derwent Living App or use the website's report a repair form. Any emergency repairs should be telephoned through as usual. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Report anti-social behaviour

At Derwent Living we take reports of anti-social behaviour very seriously. If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour you can call our 24 hour ASB reporting service on 01332 61 4919 or contact your housing officer. Click here to find your local housing officer.

We will need to know:

  • when and where it happened, as accurately as possible
  • what happened
  • who was behaving anti socially
  • who else saw or heard the incident
  • If the behaviour is criminal as well as anti-social, you must tell the police

Remember: If you witness a crime or an emergency you must always report to the police first.


Keeping you in the loop

Your housing officer will explain the options we have and agree with you what actions we will take at this stage of the investigation. They will agree a date to contact you again to give you an update on the case.

In order to proceed with your complaint and to build up a case your housing officer may ask you to complete diary_sheets recording any future incidents. This builds a picture of the frequency and seriousness of the behaviour and this evidence may be used in any court action. Without continuing evidence it will difficult to investigate your case further.

Your housing officer will often work in partnership with other agencies to resolve your complaint and may ask you to also report any incidents to the police, environmental health department and the anti-social behaviour officer at your local authority.

We will not tell the person causing a nuisance who reported them, but they may be able to guess when we speak to them. Your housing officer will discuss this with you before we take any action.

Before closing your anti-social behaviour complaint your housing officer will contact you to obtain your consent to close the complaint.

Diary Sheets

It’s important that you keep an accurate record of anti-social behaviour, as the quality of your evidence is vital to a successful case if legal action is taken.

  • You need to report only the things you’ve seen or heard, not opinions.
  • Other people in your household need to use their own sheet.
  • Write everything down when it’s fresh in your mind.
  • Please write down the full time and date (eg 1pm (or 13:00), 24/11/2015) when the incident started and stopped.
  • Try to record as much detail as possible – eg for a noise complaint
    • the type of noise, e.g. loud music, drilling, dog barking
    • how loud the noise was, such as “I could hear it above my television”, “my windows were rattling”
    • how bad it was – “it woke me up”, “I couldn’t fall asleep”, “I couldn’t concentrate on my book”
  • If you are verbally abused or threatened, please write the exact words that were said.  If it was by letter, text or email etc please keep these.
  • If you know who is causing the problem write it down – eg “David Smith”, “their oldest son”, “a visitor called Mike”.
  • If you call the police, please record the time, date, the names and badge numbers of any officers who respond, and which station they came from.

You can also report incidents on our 24 hour ASB reporting service on 01332 61 4919 or contact your housing officer by email at  You can download more sheets here: diary sheet (121KB PDF)

Noise App

Derwent Living and our customers now have access to The Noise App, a new way to monitor and record incidents of noise nuisance.

The Noise App is available to download on iPhone and android handsets via the App Store and Google Play. Once registered, residents can use the Noise App to record noise nuisance disturbances and then submit these directly to Derwent Living.

Appropriate staff then have access to view and listen to these recordings and take action. The noise app is a quick and easy way for residents to submit potential evidence of anti-social behaviour.

You can read more about it on the Noise App website and you can watch the instructional video, below.

Find a home Report a repair Pay your rent MY Derwent Living