Essential system maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our repairs system will be unavailable after 4pm on Thursday 19th July and all day Friday 20th July. Please report all non-emergency repairs via the Derwent Living App or use the website's report a repair form. Any emergency repairs should be telephoned through as usual. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Support services

Derwent Living staff are happy to provide information and sign posting to all customers, to help them access appropriate support and settle into their community.

If you would like some advice on any support issues please contact your local housing officer on 01332 346477.

Our Community Mobile Officers also offer housing support, just call our offices on 01332 346477 and your housing officer can refer you to our CMOs.

On our schemes for the elderly, Estate Tenancy Officers are on hand to help advise residents and signpost to organisations that can assist.

To visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website, please click here.

You can also contact your local council, which will be able to give you housing support. You can find your local council by visiting the local authority finder website – just click here.

  • Are you having trouble managing your money on a day-to-day basis?
  • Are you unsure about what benefits you are entitled to?
  • Do you have rent arrears or debts that you need help with?

We work with external agencies who we can refer you to for support.

  • Would you like help accessing credit union or obtain funds?
  • Do you need furniture but can’t afford to buy new?

If you would like some impartial advice and guidance please contact our customer service advisors on 01332 346477.


Benefit Calculator

From April 2013 the government will reduce Housing Benefit if you live in a home that is judged to be too big for your needs.

You can  use our benefit calculator to find out if you are affected and how much your Housing Benefit could be reduced by.

Credit unions

Credit unions are financial co-operatives owned and controlled by their members. They offer savings and great value loans plus they are local, ethical and know what their members want. Many credit unions now offer a range of services including

  • Savings
  • Loans
  • Current account
  • Benefits direct
  • ISAs
  • Child Trust Funds.

Each credit union has a “common bond” which determines who can join it. This determines who can become a member of the credit union. The common bond may be for people living or working in the same area, people working for the same employer or people who belong to the same association, such as a church or trade union.

If you would like some information on whether there is a Credit Union in your area, please visit the ABCUL website.

Money advice websites

Click here to visit the HM Revenue & Customs – Saving GATEWAY

Click here to visit the furniture re-use website

Free & impartial money advice, set up by government

Money made clear
Established by the Financial Services Authority, Money made clear gives impartial advice about how to manage your money effectively.
Tel. 0300 500 5000
or visit

Community legal advice
The Community legal advice website offers free, confidential and independent advice for residents living in England and Wales.
Tel.0845 345 4 345
or visit – Stop loan sharks
Advice on how to deal with doorstep lending
Tel: 0300 555 2222 or visit

National Debtline
Tel: 0808 808 4000
or visit
for debt advice & information.

Age Concern
Tel: 0800 00 99 66
or visit

StepChange Debt Charity
Tel: 0800 138 111 or visit

Citizen’s Advice
For information on debts and other housing issues, visit your nearest Citizen’s Advice Bureau. To find your local service, visit, or contact our support service coordinator on 01332 346477.

Consumer Direct
Tel: 08454 040506
or visit
for general consumer advice and information

Consumer Line
Tel: 0845 6006262
or visit
for general consumer advice

Community Legal Advice
Free advice if you qualify for legal aid.
Tel: 0845 3454345 or visit

Financial Ombudsman service
If you have a complaint that you can’t resolve with your lender, the Financial Ombudsman Service may be able to help 0845 0801800 or visit

Tax credits helpline
Tel: 0845 300 3900

Financial help

You can apply to these organisations for grants – for instance, for children’s clothes or white goods – or help with utility bill arrears. You can contact our support service co-ordinator for more information, or to talk through your situation. If you think you may have problems paying your rent, please contact our rent recovery team straight away. We are here to help you, so the sooner you get in touch, the better.

Severn Trent Trust
Tel: 0121 3557766
Funds towards white goods and help with some utility bills/debts.

British Gas & Scottish Gas Energy Trust
Tel: 01733 421050/060
Financial help for arrears of energy debts.

NPower – First Step Programme
Tel: 0800 3162606
Arrears payment plans, energy advice packages.

Powergen Hardship Fund
Tel: 0800 0511480
Grants towards cavity/loft insulation, heating appliances and funds towards essential household appliances.

Family Welfare Association
Tel: 020 7249 5443
Grants for single parents, 16-19 year olds, people with mental or physical health problems, and families with disabled children, for household items and children’s activities.

Family Fund
Tel: 0845 1304542
Annual grants to carers with disabled children up to 16 years old.

Frank Buttle Trust
Tel: 020 7828 7311
Grants/financial assistance to families and individuals in particularly difficult circumstances with social or psychological issues or disabilities.

Job Centre Plus
For your nearest office call 0800 055 6688
Government agency supporting people of working age from welfare into work, and helping employers to fill their vacancies.

Social Fund
Tel: 0845 608 8649
Social Fund is administered by Jobcentre Plus and provides lump sum payments, grants and loans.

Find a home Report a repair Pay your rent MY Derwent Living